Monday, May 4, 2009

Cliffhanger

No clue people, no clue. I just don't know what to write about today. I feel like my life is flowing along, but the only things I can tell you right now are that routine feels pretty good, going outside in the sunshine is the best, enjoy flowers and flowering trees at every opportunity you have, and spend as much time with loved ones (even your pets) as you can.

But, since I'd like to write about something besides that, I'm going to use the "open a book and point at something and see if it's relevant to life coaching" method. Of course, I'm using The Power of Now for this experiment, not The Devil Wears Prada, which I read last week. Probably wouldn't have the same good advice. Here we go... Okay, this is really the paragraph I opened to and pointed to:

Everything that exists has Being, has God-essence, has some degree of consciousness. Even a stone has rudimentary consciousness; otherwise, it would not be, and its atoms and molecules would disperse. Everything is alive. The sun, the earth, plants, animals, humans - all are expressions of consciousness in varying degrees, consciousness manifesting as form.
Then it says some other stuff, but gets to this other paragraph:

Consciousness takes on the disguises of forms until they reach such complexity that it completely loses itself in them. In present-day humans, consciousness is completely identified with its disguise. It only knows itself as a form and therefore lives in fear of the annihilation of its physical or psychological form. This is the egoic mind, and something had gone very wrong somewhere along the line of evolution. But even this is part of lila, the divine game. Finally, the pressure of suffering created by this apparent dysfunction forces conform: It regains self-consciousness, but it is at a far deeper level than when it lost it.


And lastly, tying into my mentioning the watcher mind last week:

Can you now see the deeper and wider significance of becoming present as the watcher of your mind? Whenever you watch the mind, you withdraw consciousness from mind forms, which then becomes what we call the watcher or witness. Consequently, the watcher - pure consciousness beyond form - becomes stronger, and the mental formations become weaker. When we talk about watching the mind we are personalizing an event that is truly of cosmic significance: through you, consciousness is awakening out of its dream of identification with form and withdrawing form from form. This foreshadows, but is already part of, an event that is probably still in the distant future as far as chronological time is concerned. The event is called - the end of the world.

Phew, cliff hanger, right? Perhaps I'll do some more reading out of this particular text and share more with you tomorrow, once I get my mind wrapped around it.

Even though I strive to help others, to heal others, to bring joy to other's lives, sometimes this spiritual stuff, ways to live, things I want to achieve, seems too big. Too much, almost, for me to grasp. And now is a good time to remind myself that it's a journey and everyone, including spiritual masters and teachers, don't always feel as connected as they'd like to.

And with that,

Be Joyful!

1 comment:

Anais said...

I think you probably have found a good lesson in The Devil Wears Prada...like do what makes you happy, or don't work at Vogue ;)